Project duties include:
- Working with client to analyze safety systems in factory environment, meet with engineers, EHS Personnel, and others to collect information necessary to provide Lockout/Tagout placards.
- Collect information from various sources and convert for use in labeling.
- Provide support to successfully pass and excel during safety audits.
- Maintain spreadsheets, databases and provides research assistance.
- Coordinate and maintain management of required compliance data and reports.
- Prepare DOT compliance labeling using Proprietary software.
- Develop and deliver training
- Other duties as required.
Starting Compensation: commensurate with experience (grant-funded position)
Hours: As needed, 20-28 hours per week. Hours will vary based upon customer requirements.
Location: Off-Site Industry Partner
Preferred candidate should be:
- Familiar with energy sources in factory setting.
- Possess good spatial/relational abilities. Able to judge relative position in drawings to physical features and fixtures in plant to determine accuracy of layout drawings and other documents.
- Understand ordinal directions (north, south, east, and west).
- Familiar with safety awareness and hazardous conditions in a plant setting.
- Possess mechanical aptitude.
Technical Associates Degree or three or more years' experience in a manufacturing setting. Understand plant safety, proficient at basic technical math. Excellent organizational skills. Must possess intermediate Excel skills and strong computer skills (MS Office).
Must be able to walk long distances, climb ladders, and possess physical mobility to walk on roof and catwalks.
Preferred: EHS-related work experience.