As part of the ITS Network Services Team, the Network Administrator reports to the Senior Network Manager and shares in the responsibility of maintaining the University’s networking and server environment.
The University’s networking environment includes, but is not limited to, wired and wireless client connectivity, cable and satellite TV services, audio-visual, residential networking, building environmental control services, hosted VOIP solution, physical security systems including card access and video, inter-campus WAN links (fixed and wireless), multiple ISP connections, core network servers that including Windows and Linux operating systems.
The Network Administrator will contribute to maintenance and support of the environment by performing maintenance and remediation of issues, proactive management of components, and working in partnership with the Helpdesk to perform second level support across the University.
As is a common practice for network administrator positions, this position may require the individual to participate in scheduled weekend and off-hour maintenance, and other work outside regular working hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(1) Provide second level Helpdesk support for the community and the Helpdesk staff; escalating issues to the Network Engineer as needed. (2) Provide day-to-day management and support for all servers, networks, and related devices to ensure uptime of services allowing the University community to complete their responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner. (3) Responsible for maintaining server and network security, user account provisioning, implementation of patches and updates, backup and restoration of files. (4) Responsible for collecting, reviewing, and summarizing system logs and performance reports. (5) Diagnose network and system issues utilizing industry best practices and techniques, manuals, diagnostic information, and analytical skills (6) Other duties as assigned
Associate degree in Computer Science, Information Technologies or related fields and three-year professional experience; or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
(1) Experience working helpdesk and customer service (2) Knowledge and familiarity with common layer two/three routing and configuration (3) Knowledge of common networking protocols (4) Knowledge and experience with wide range of client/server platforms including but not limited to Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android, Linux, and other Unix variants (5) Preferred: Knowledge and experience with HP Enterprise networking OS’s, ArubaOS-Switch (Provision), Comware, ArubaOS (6) Preferred: Knowledge and experience with Aruba Network Wireless controllers and AP’s (7) Preferred: Knowledge and experience with converged networks, QOS/COS, including but not limited to VOIP, video, and access control (8) Preferred: Experience with installation of copper and fiber cabling.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
(1) Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communications (2) Strong customer service skills (3) Ability to work collaboratively, cooperatively, promptly, and professionally with colleagues and University community (4) Strong attention to detail and documentation (5) Preferred: knowledge of cabling standards, BICSI
(1) Frequent walking between buildings on campus (2) Frequent lifting and carrying of item up to 25 lbs. (3) Infrequent lifting and carrying of items up to 50 lbs. (4) Occasional manual labor including, but not limited to, work on ladders up to 15’, below grade tunnels, flat roofs and outside plant.
(1) Occasional exposure to conditions including, but not limited to: a. Inclement weather b. Confined spaces and closets c. Noisy environments d. Light dirt and dust (2) Self-transportation between three primary campuses and several remote offices located in the metro-Detroit area
Salary/Pay Information: $55,000.00
Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm Some evenings and weekends
About University of Detroit Mercy
Michigan’s largest, most comprehensive private university, the University of Detroit Mercy is an independent Catholic institution of higher education sponsored by the Religious Sisters of Mercy and Society of Jesus. The university seeks qualified candidates who will contribute to the University's urban mission, commitment to diversity, and tradition of scholarly excellence. The University of Detroit Mercy is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer with a diverse faculty and student body and welcomes persons of all backgrounds.
The University of Detroit Mercy has one goal - to help our students realize their dreams and ambitions. We fulfill that goal by offering challenging academic programs taught by talented, committed professors and supplemented by hands-on research, co-op, and internship opportunities.