The Building Services Department at The University of Tennessee at Martin is looking for a Carpenter I. This is a regular, full-time position with benefits.
* Perform general carpentry work.
* Install glass in windows, doors, and partitions.
* Replace damaged ceiling tile, floor tile and other damaged material.
* Repair roofs (rubber, shingle, and built-up asphalt).
* Build custom cabinets.
* Operate woodworking machines to saw, plane, drill, or mortise lumber for doors, cabinets, shelves, molding, and related fixtures.
* Assist in estimating the amount of required lumber and supplies for projects. Select the type of lumber and material necessary.
* Check completed work for adherence to blueprints, specifications, dimensions, and instructions.
* Build forms for concrete work as required.
* Perform other related duties as required.
Internal Number: 150525
About University of Tennessee at Martin
The primary purpose of the University of Tennessee at Martin is to provide a quality undergraduate education in a traditional collegiate atmosphere characterized at all levels by close collaboration among students, faculty and staff. In addition, the university is dedicated to meeting lifelong educational needs by providing graduate programs, distance-learning opportunities and other creative endeavors. Furthermore, the university is committed to advancing the regional and global community through scholarly activities, research and public service.