Westlake Housing is seeking an experienced Assistant Maintenance for a 196 unit community located in Fort Worth, TX.
Position requires at least 1 year experience in property maintenance or equivalent field.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must be knowledgeable of pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations governing proper storage and management of hazardous materials, including solvents, flammables, caustics and refrigerant.
- Must be constantly aware of the condition of apartment property throughout the property and immediately initiates action to correct unsafe conditions; e.g., broken gates leading to the pool, broken steps, open holes, broken/burned out exterior lights.
- Must be aware of the condition of physical property throughout the property and immediately correct unsafe conditions; e.g., broken gates leading to the pool, broken steps, open holes, broken/burned out exterior lights.
- Schedules and performs routine preventive maintenance on all appropriate equipment as directed by Lead Maintenance and Property Manager. Inspects and maintains all tools in excellent condition.
- Be aware of all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs, sewer cleanouts.
- Performs work area clean-up and safety related duties.
- Ensures that storage areas remain locked when not in use.
- Diagnoses and performs minor and routine maintenance/repair involving the following on a daily basis.
· Electrical and plumbing (including water lines).
- Inspects and helps coordinate all needed make-ready repairs and services. Assists make-ready staff as required to meet deadlines.
- Reports all major repairs and requisitions to the Lead Maintenance and Property Manager prior to any expenditure of funds.
- Changes locks and makes keys.
- Removes and transfers heavy appliances and equipment from storage area to apartment (or vice versa) as circumstances warrant. Assists in moving abandoned furniture, appliances, etc., to dumpster when necessary.
- Be knowledgeable of inventory levels of spare parts and supplies and inform Lead Maintenance of shortages.
- Assists in keeping grounds neat and free of litter. Rakes, sweeps, shovels as circumstances warrant.
- Other duties may be assigned by the Vice President, Regional Manager and or/Property Manager as deemed necessary to preserve the property and/or add value.
About Westlake Housing LP
Westlake Housing, LP is a nationwide Owner/Operator of affordable housing communities offering a full range of property management and consulting services. As general partner and property manager, Westlake Housing specializes in repositioning IRC Section 42, Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) properties utilizing proactive and aggressive asset and property management strategies, on behalf of our clients and their investors.